What We Do:
At PESI Publishing, we create books and resources in the areas of psychology, education, and self-help, with worldwide sales and distribution. What sets us apart as a publisher is that we see no limits, no bounds to what we can do. Our entrepreneurial and creative spirit, along with our marketing savvy, drives our business. We take great pride that every book is a genuine partnership and highly collaborative journey with our author, something that is unique in the industry.
Overview of the PESI Publishing Team:
The PESI Publishing team is a rapidly growing independent publisher that produces mental health treatment workbooks; professional, self-help, and parenting books; children’s books; and therapy card decks. We work with Amazon and New York Times best-selling authors such as: Lori Gottlieb, Judson Brewer, Daniel Siegel, Janina Fisher, David Burns and more! Our products are designed to teach and expand clinical knowledge with straightforward and practical resources to make information easily accessible. Our mission is to connect knowledge with need, and in that spirit, our team is driven to create world-class educational solutions for our readers.
What You Will Be Doing: (responsibilities)
- Publicizing approximately 25-35 books per year and executing all aspects of a publicity campaign, including traditional media, social media, and assisting authors in building their platform
- Managing product launches for clinical mental health, psychology, education, self-help, and children’s social-emotional learning titles
- Developing and maintaining close working relationships with members of the press (broadcast, radio/podcasts, print/digital)
- Building a robust influencer contact list for Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Facebook; coordinating consistent outreach and relationship building
- Collaborating with the email marketing strategy team to execute monthly campaigns
- Writing press releases, pitch ideas, galley letters, and author Q&As
- Creating graphics in Canva or Adobe Spark, either independently or in collaboration with the design team
- Producing and editing video assets for social media and blogs, including author interviews, read-alouds, and promotional book trailers
- Working closely with authors on all aspects of publicity, including briefing authors for interviews, providing social media guidance, and planning local or virtual events
- Collaborating with the editorial and marketing teams on all book launches
- Analyzing and reporting data to determine success of digital, consumer, and social media marketing campaigns, utilizing those metrics to drive informed business decisions
What You Bring to the Team: (skills and requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, public relations, and/or related field
- Minimum of 3-4 years of publicity experience in professional public relations or book publishing
- Strong knowledge of social platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, YouTube, other relevant platforms
- Familiarity with Cision, Net Galley, and Edelweiss a plus
- Skilled in graphic design programs like Canva or Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to create and edit video content for multi-platform use and distribution
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Willingness to take data-driven, calculated risks
- Adept multitasking skills with the ability to quickly adapt to shifting goals and deadlines
What Would Thrill Us:
- A robust list of media contacts and connections
- Existing relationships with bookstores, book reviewers, and industry insiders
- Working knowledge of SEO and SEM
- Experience with Hubspot, Silverpop, or other email marketing systems
- Comfortable with public speaking, interviewing, and being on camera
- A passion for supporting mental and emotional health
- A desire to be a part of a growing, start-up publisher that doesn’t always follow industry norms (and is willing to break some rules)!
How We Do It:
Our people create our success: We listen and learn, and we strive to meet or exceed the expectations of our customers, associates, and vendors.
We go direct and assume competence: We expect open, honest, and ethical relationships, both internally and externally.
We encourage you to be an entrepreneur: Our associates view their position or area as if it were their own business and make decisions accordingly.
We aim for innovation and creativity: Continuous improvement and falling forward is what facilitates our ability to meet our mission of connecting knowledge with need.
What Else You Should Know About Us:
We are an organization that loves to play the game of business, and we are unapologetically driven and dedicated to not only publish a book but sell it as well. We are incredibly humbled and energized by the thought that our books and resources have the power to change lives.
Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States following an offer of employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PESI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected status. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Share this job posting with your friends. https://www.pesi.com/careers/4928/pesi-publishing-senior-publicist